top of page
  • Writer's pictureLeslie Lewallen

Lacamas Lake is Dangerous- AGAIN

As reported by Marie Callerame:

Superhigh Toxin Level in Lacamas Lake - the Bay By the Dock.

WA State Department of Ecology's website just populated this morning with a sample collected 8/9. The result for microcystin is higher than it has EVER been recorded in our lakes - 3x higher than the highest reading! It measured as 261 µg/L. This over 40 times this state's guideline of 6 µg/L, well over dog-kill level.

It is believed that Clark County Health took their sample in the bay area N/W of the public boat dock, where there is visible algae scum on the water. I circled that area in red on the attached map.

Microcystin is a liver toxin. Symptoms include rash, hives, or skin blisters (skin contact); stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, severe headaches, and fever (ingesting); and runny eyes and nose, cough, and sore throat, chest pain, asthma-like symptoms, or allergic reactions (inhalation of particles).

Please be safe and if you were in the area, please take any symptoms seriously.


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page